Tuesday, April 19, 2011

r2


I bow before you.
I fall on my knees,
head on the floor,
arms stretched forward,
hands open,
palms facing the heavens,
and I beg you
I plea
Please please please
Make it worth it.

I bitch not because I think I’m right all the time
But because I want to be wrong
I want you to be different
To change
to validate me
my love
my effort
cannot be in vain,
please.

Please pick me up
Glue my heart
Mend my life
Make me right
By proving I am wrong
Right now
Please.

Cry
Beg
Fight
Pray
Just please,
A sign
Any sign
You care at all

 I can’t talk anymore
Repeat what I’ve said a million times
Because every time I do
And every time you listen
Still
Nodding
passive
I believe in us a little less
until there’s nothing.

Are we there yet?
Am I there yet?

It’s everything.
One by one,
all the answers seem to be gone.
What have I done?
Where have I driven myself?
What to I feel? 
What to do next?
Where to go?
Who to trust?
Who to love?

I am a roadkill.
One by one,
Arrows of disappointment pierce me
And my passion for living flows away,
Leaving my heart empty
My soul drained
My will crushed
Paaaaaa
There’s nothing else to be sucked out of me.
Nothing.

You are no more.
One by one,
The reasons that made me believe we made sense
Together
Are being scrapped away
Erased
And I fear there are none now.

Am I pushing us beyond the reasonable?
Was I wrong about being wrong?

No comments: